What is cancer?
Basically, cancer is a name that has been given to
Some collections of related diseases.
In all the types of cancer, the cells of the body begin to divide and spread into surrounding tissues.
How Cancer Is Spread?
Cancer cells can spread to the other parts of the body from its origin.
There are 3 ways by which the cancer is spread.
- Invasion :> In this stage, the tumour grows into surrounding areas of the body.
- Through the bloodstream :> In this stage, the cancer cells breaks away in the bloodstream and travels to the new location in the body.
- Through The Lymphatic System :> In this stage too, the cancer cells breaks away from the tumours but there is a difference. The cancer cells travels through the lymph vessels and lymph nodes to other parts of the body.
Treatments of Cancer.
There are many treatment types by which the cancer can be treated. The type of treatments depends on the type of cancer you have and also on how much advanced it is.
The major treatment types are:
In this type of treatment, the cancer or tumor is removed through surgical procedure.
- Radiation Therapy
In this Therapy, the doctors give radiations to kill the cancer cells. Radiation therapy is applied locally. Usually there are very less and localized side effects of radiation therapy
In chemotherapy, the doctors administer the chemotherapy medicines to the patient. Chemotherapy is given by injections or through oral pills.
As chemotherapy medicines kill the rapidly dividing cells of the body (such as cancer cells), some healthy cells are also affected along with cancer cells. One may experience the side eddects of chemotherapy such as hairloss, skin irritation, neuropathy etc.
Cancer and Ayurveda
In Ayurveda, there is a vivid description of various types of cancers. Ayurveda has also mentioned the optimum management of cancer. Unfortunately, cancer patients approach to Ayurveda at a very later or critical stage (when other treatment modalities fail), it sometimes becomes difficult to cure the condition.
In Ayurveda, Cancer is a disease that often includes all the 3 major bodily humors/ doshas (vat, pitta, kapha). Cancer is also related to the digestive imbalance and generation of Ama (undigested morbid matters). Cancer also develops due to negligence of prevailing diseases.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Cancer
Treatments for cancer in Ayurveda include the following:
- Avoidance of food and lifestyle that causes the Tridosha (Vat, Pitta, Kapha) imbalance.
- Eliminating toxins through Panchkarma, subjective to patient’s strength and viatality to bare the Panchakarma procedure
- Rejuvenation through Rasayans.
- Ayurvedic herbs such as Varuna, Rohitaka, Kanchanara, wheat grass etc & minerals like Heerak Bhasma (made from Diamond) and Suvarna Bhasma (made from gold) are very effective in cancer and allied diseases. it should be administered under strict guidance of an Ayurveda physician.