The word ‘infertility’ is not only related to physical incapacity, but also it effects on the psychological, social and emotional planes of one’s life. Infertile couples are those who are unable to conceive even after having carefully timed, unprotected sex for one year. Either of the male or female counterparts could be infertile. Here, we will discuss about male infertility and its treatment.
What causes male infertility?
Primarily it’s all about your SPERM…
- If your sperm is not normal or not in adequate quantity and quality, it can lead to male infertility. Your sperm is produced in your testicles. You have two testicles kept inside your scrotum wall. At least one of your testicles must be fully functional to produce sperm. Moreover, all the hormonal activities (such as testosterone production etc.) which are necessary to trigger & maintain the sperm production needs to be at its healthier state.
- There should be adequate numbers of sperm in your semen (Sperm count). As per the medicine textbooks, Above 15 million sperm per milliliter of semenis considered as normal (below 15 million is told as oligospermia – less sperms). Moreover, the sperm should be motile enough to reach to the ovum (Motility).
- Other factors or medical conditions which might cause infertility are vericosele, tumors, infection, erection or ejaculation problems, hormonal disturbance, structural deformities of the male reproductive system etc.
Does male infertility treatment exist?
Male or female Infertility is very sensitive issue for the couples. The couples are ready to spend any amount of money to get treated and conceived. In a way, it is a hot cup cake for the the doctors.
In male infertility, the modern medicine primarily focuses on hormones and provides hormonal treatment. At times, it increases the sperm count and motility on temporary bases but it has not been always effective. In addition, such hormonal treatments always come with may unwanted side effects.
On the other side, Ayurveda provides permanent solution to male infertility
Male Infertility treatment in Ayurveda
Ayurveda medicines have been practiced and proven effective in infertility through ages. Out of eight fundamental pivots of Ayurveda, one pivot is named as “Vajikaran” (to strengthen like a horse). This pivot is dedicated to fertility & sexual disorders.
As far as male infertility treatment is concerned, Ayurveda has always remained the most desired treatment branch. Ayurveda not only nourishes the sperm but also nurtures all the systems of our body. In Ayurveda, sperm is called as ‘Shukra’. It is the last amongst the seven ‘Dhatus’ (pillars or backbones) of our body. If you want to nurture the ‘Shukra’ (seventh dhatu), you must nurture all the preceded six dhatus. So, it’s a holistic treatment where entire body gets the benefits.
Male infertility treatment at Atharva Ayurveda
We, at Atharva Ayurveda and Panchakarma centre, have developed extensive treatment protocol of male infertility. This is how we treat infertility patients
- Through our detailed diagnosis, which includes Naadi pareeksha (Pulse diagnosis) and other diagnostic techniques, we find out the root cause lying behind infertility. We also understand your Prakriti (Constitution) for better management. This helps us to understand your body nature. It also helps us choosing the most suitable herbs for you.
- Based on the detailed diagnosis and Prakriti determination, we provide our research based extensive Ayurveda medicines for male infertility. These time tested Ayurvedic medicines removes the root cause and anomalies and helps increasing the quality and quantity of sperm which eventually leads to healthy and timely fertility.
- We, at Atharva Ayurveda have achieved astonishing results in male infertility. Numbers of cases of Azoospermia (Zero sperm count) has also been treated successfully
- Atharva Ayurveda follows the tradition of Ayurveda. As described in Ayurvedic classics, the herbs for infertility are collected in auspicious nakshatras with proper rituals and procedures. These potent herbs are full of energy (Prabhava) which leads to excellent results.